Web3 Gaming Leaders Participate in Inaugural GAM3 Awards

Web3 gaming industry’s elite has teamed up for the inaugural ‘Grammy Awards’ for blockchain games.
Image source: provided

Quick take:

  • Blockchain gaming leaders are collaborating in the first-ever GAM3 Awards.
  • GAM3 Awards are the blockchain gaming version of the Grammy Awards.
  • Over 200 web3 games and creators have been nominated for 16 awards, including “Game of the Year”.

The blockchain gaming industry’s top leaders have teamed up to create an annual awards ceremony called GAM3 Awards that will reward the best creators. The team includes experts people from blockchain technology companies, game developers, and influencers among others.

The event has nominated over 200 web3 games and creators for 16 awards, including “Game of the Year”. It will be hosted by Polkastarter Gaming (a unit of Pokastarter’s decentralised protocol for web3 projects) on December 15. The event will be streamed live across Polkastarter’s channels on YouTube and Twitch.

According to the announcement, five judges including Justin Kan, Founder of Fractal; Urvit Goel, Head of Global Games at Polygon Studios; Itai Elizur Managing Partner at Market Across; Rachel Levin, Director of Venture & Strategy at ImmutableX and Matt Sorg, Head of Technology at Solana Foundation, will be responsible for selecting which studios receive prizes.

A jury consisting of the industry’s elite has also been formed to help with the GAM3 Awards. They include Square Enix CTO who directed games such as Sonic: Unleashed and Final Fantasy XIV Online (Yoshihisa Hashimoto) and former Senior Director of Partnerships at Electronic Arts (Edward Chang).

Other members of the jury include leaders who previously worked at some of the leading mainstream gaming companies like Electronic Arts, Riot Games, Zynga, Xbox Game Studios, and Amazon Gaming.

Commenting on the event, Justin Kan, Founder of Fractal, who is also the awards’ content partner said: “We are excited to partner with Polkastarter Gaming on this event, it is truly a step in the right direction for the industry and the first of its kind in web3 gaming.”

The jury’s vote will carry 90% weight while the remaining 10% will be decided by a community vote.

The game awards will be based on certain criteria, including core loop, graphics, accessibility, replayability factor, fun elements and overall playing experience.

The gaming industry wants to use the GAM3 Awards to recognise the next generation of creators and web3 builders. Game studios and companies are invited to nominate their own employees, developers and professionals to be part of “GAM3 Changers” a special class of web3 gaming elite.

The inaugural edition will feature awards for “Best”: Action Game, Mobile Game, Adventure Game, Casual Game, RPG, Shooter Game, Graphics, Strategy Game, Card Game, Multiplayer Game, Esports Game, Graphics and Content Creator. In addition, there will also be awards for the Most Anticipated Game, Games’ Choice, and People’s Choice, with future editions set to include even more categories.


Sign up to the world’s biggest crypto exchange Binance to buy and sell cryptocurrencies.

Stay up to date:

Previous Post
Source: Dune/polygon_analytics

Over 147K Reddit NFTs Were Minted Yesterday

Next Post

Yuga Labs Acquires Beeple’s NFT Venture WENEW and its Collection 10KTF

Related Posts