How to Play Arker: The Legend of Ohm

With the play-to-earn industry expanding year on year, we are beginning to see more developers enter the fray with fresh and intriguing concepts that offer gamers new ways to make money. One of the most hotly anticipated games of the last twelve months is Arker: The Legend of Ohm. Arker is a turn-based RPG game that offers both PVP and PVE elements, appealing to a wide range of users with its action-packed gameplay. Here is a quick player’s guide on how to get started and some of the main ways you can make money in your spare time. 

Arker: The Legend of Ohm overview

Arker takes place in the fictitious kingdom of Ohm. The game’s objective is to reclaim control of the ancient kingdom by battling against the computer and player-controlled opponents with your hero (and its pet). The Arker team has designed a universe in which you can enjoy a solo gaming experience as well as a multiplayer component in which you can play with friends and form a clan, compete in PVP matches, or enter PVE battles and guild wars to determine who rules Ohm’s kingdom. 

All of the underlying mechanics are meant to make Arker a game that is both economically beneficial to players, while keeping it fun and competitive. Furthermore, the Arker model has been built with “play to earn” in mind from the ground up, which means you will be able to obtain items that can be sold in the marketplace immediately, resulting in financial rewards.

Setting the game up

To get started, head over to the Arker website and download the gaming client by clicking on the “Play Now” link in the top right-hand corner. At the time of writing, the game can be downloaded for Windows, played in the browser, or downloaded on mobile devices using iOS or Android.

Once you have installed the game, it’s time to register an account using your email address. You will also be asked to input a username, which is what other players will use to identify your account (so choose wisely).

Next up is the character selection screen. New players will have to choose from one of the four starting characters, each of which belongs to a different race. These are:

Berserker

  • Life: 140
  • Energy: 90
  • Agility: 100

Alchemist 

  • Life: 120
  • Energy: 110
  • Agility: 90

Izarian

  • Life: 130
  • Energy: 100
  • Agility: 110

Soulhunter

  • Life: 135
  • Energy: 95
  • Agility: 105

For the sake of this guide, we went ahead and created our very own badass Izarian (since it looks like a gator). Once you’ve decided on your race/character, choose a name so you can enter into the battle tutorial.

Gameplay mechanics explained

While the tutorial does a fairly satisfactory job at explaining the mechanics of the game, it can be quite tricky to get your head around, especially if you are not familiar with the turn-based strategy format. Once you are in combat, you will observe a 2D screen with your character facing its opponent. 

When you enter the battle, the game will randomly select four of the pre-equipped abilities for each hero. Whichever hero wins the right to attack first will have 30 seconds to choose one of their four abilities, which are located to the left of their character.

When you click on each ability, you will see a description of what it does. This information will include the damage output, the multiplier, and the amount of energy it will consume. 

Once you have chosen your ability, you must decide how much power to use. The more power you expend, the more damage you will do to your enemy. However, you will only be able to do damage to your opponent if you expend the highest amount of energy. 

Now comes the tricky part. Each hero only has a predetermined amount of power for each battle. Once you have used it up, you won’t be able to regenerate it, which means you will become a sitting duck for your opponent. Thus, to master Arker, you must strike the perfect balance between attack and defense, relying on good timing and intuition to best your opponents. 

Each hero will take turns going first in each round in order to keep the game fair. The first person to down their opponents by reducing their health bar to zero is declared the winner.

Earning rewards

Now that you know how to play and win matches, you must be wondering how that converts into cold hard cash. Well, there are currently two currencies that exist within the game, these are:

  • Fragments Of Arker (FoA) – This is the main currency used within the Arker metaverse. You can earn it by completing daily quests, playing PVE, and defeating other players in the arena. FoA will is also used to purchase in-game items like weapons, abilities, tickets, etc.
  • Arker – The primary governance token that is used to make decisions on future updates to the game. Arker is also used to purchase and breed in-game pets.

At the end of each battle, both players will be rewarded with experience points, but only the winner gets the in-game currency (FoA – Fragments of Arker) that can be used to purchase “Ark Boxes.”

Six items are included in Ark Boxes. Four of them will be normal, the fifth will have a 50% chance of being normal, 40% chance of being rare, and 10% chance of being extraordinary. The sixth item will have a 70% chance of being rare and a 30% chance of being extraordinary. All items will be minted on the blockchain as tradable NFTs that can be sold for a profit on the Arker Marketplace. 

In summary

While the information in this article will get you up to speed with the basics, the journey to understanding and mastering Arker has only just begun. With a plethora of abilities, pets, relics, and in-game items to discover, Arker is a highly complex and competitive game. With that said, once you get to grips with the mechanics, it is an immensely engaging game, especially if you are the type that prefers to outwit your opponents with good strategy and wit rather than brute force. Finally, the ability to earn monetary rewards in the form of NFTs and in-game currency distinguishes Arker as one of the best play-to-earn games in its genre, and it is well worth a try if you haven’t already.

Previous Post

South Korea’s Cyworld Is Making a Comeback Thanks to the Web3 Revolution

Next Post

Dotmoovs Rocketed More Than 370% After Listing on Huobi While ApeCoin Surged Nearly 70%

Related Posts
Stay on top of things
Follow us on Twitter
Total
1
Share