Last Updated on December 6, 2022
- The multi-year program will fund projects building apps to support infrastructure, end-user applications, and research innovation on the Casper blockchain.
- One of the key criteria in the selection process will be the positive impact projects will have on the Casper ecosystem.
- Casper Association is looking to fund up to 150 projects next year.
Today, at the opening of Next Block Expo Berlin, the Casper Association announced the launch of its new $25 million Casper Accelerate Grant Program. The multi-year program is launched to support developers building on the Casper public blockchain worldwide.
Based in Switzerland, the Casper Association is the nonprofit entity behind the Casper Network, a decentralised Proof-of-Stake layer-1 blockchain. The Casper Association is responsible for overseeing the network and supporting its organic evolution and continued decentralization.
With the newly launched grant program, the Casper Association will provide funding to projects building apps to support infrastructure, end-user applications, and research innovation on the Casper blockchain. One of the key criteria in the selection process will be the positive impact projects will have on the wider Casper community and the Casper ecosystem in general. The overarching goal is to power the Casper network.
During the selection process, the quality of the submission, technical or academic strength of the proposal, opportunity for growth, experience level and commitment as well as the track record of the team submitting the projects will also be taken into consideration.
When asked how much each grant participant would receive, Alizee Carli, ecosystem director at the Casper Association said that roughly 80% of participants in the grant program will receive between $25,000 to $75,000 while the other 20% are exceptional, high-impact projects that may need a bigger grant. Casper Association is looking to fund up to 150 Web3 projects next year.
“We are welcoming all applications for projects that on one hand make the Casper Network more decentralized, accessible and developer friendly, and on the other hand bring DApps in DeFi, NFT and gaming with great user experience and robust tech. We want to support priority projects that will open source a portion of their code to benefit the broader ecosystem of Casper builders,” Carli told NFTgators in an email.
In support of this grant program, the Casper Association has also kicked off the creation of a new Casper Developer Portal. The Portal is being built to support Casper developers and innovators with the tools and code that will best help them achieve their goals. The new Casper Developer Portal will be live in Q1 2023.
Some of the existing projects in the Casper ecosystem include multi-asset crypto app, Uphold; crypto trading platform, Huobi Global; and spirit-backed NFT marketplace, Metacask.
Projects interested in receiving funding can apply at casper.network/accelerate.
Sign up to the world’s biggest crypto exchange Binance to buy and sell cryptocurrencies.
Stay up to date: