- Portto’s Blocto crypto wallet has partnered with Yahoo to launch the Yahoo Taiwan NFT store.
- The store is scheduled to go live later this month, debuting its ‘A-Hoo’ NFT collection.
- All NFT creators offering their work in the store will be officially curated and approved by Yahoo Taiwan.
Yahoo Taiwan is pouncing on the rising popularity of non-fungible tokens (NFTs) after collaborating with Blocto to launch the ‘Yahoo Taiwan NFT store’. The internet information provider is leveraging Blocto’s parent portto to onboard its massive userbase into NFTs.
Portto is a blockchain technology enabler and launchpad used by brands to launch NFTs and other Web3 projects. Its subsidiary Blocto is a cryptocurrency wallet adopted by some of the leading media companies.
Last year, when CNN announced plans to mint NFTs of some of their most gripping stories, it required users to sign up for a Blocto wallet in order to participate in the auction.
By integrating its prevailing traffic with Blocto’s blockchain technologies, Yahoo Taiwan is creating an intuitive, easy to use NFT store, thereby enhancing user experience. Yahoo Taiwan will vet, curate and approve all NFT creators on its store, thus ensuring the security and trust are maintained within the marketplace.
The online publisher’s NFT marketplace is targeting pricing, payment options and rewards to gain an edge over what is already offered in the market.
- Yahoo Taiwan will offer a fiat payment gateway, allowing users to directly purchase NFTs with fiat currency. Initially, traders will be able to make payments using credit cards, but the two companies plan to offer more options in the future.
- The platform is also targeting competitive pricing in a bid to allow collectors access to premium NFT collections.
- Holders of the Yahoo Taiwan NFT store’s select NFTs will also qualify for an exclusive points rewards program granting them priority access to limited offers and Select NFTs.
Portto has grown over the last three years to gain the attention of notable Web3 investors including Mark Cuban, who also serves as an advisor and Yat Siu’s Animoca brands, among others.
Commenting on the partnership, Hsuan Lee, CEO at portto said “Blocto has a lot of experiences in the deep blockchain cooperation with large enterprises, from Vault by CNN, MotoGP Ignition to Yahoo Taiwan.”
Blocto wants its partnership with Yahoo Taiwan to make buying NFTs as easy as shopping on an e-commerce platform.
Chen-Te Lin, VP of Taiwan E-Commerce and Regional Products, Yahoo, declared echoed those remarks saying the collaboration leverages Blocto’s blockchain capabilities with Yahoo Taiwan’s advantages in media and e-commerce, making NFTs available to all— and also giving local creators a platform to scale their NFT offerings.
“Yahoo Taiwan is fully committed to optimizing user experience through technological innovations from our continuous development in immersive content to leveraging the broad Yahoo Taiwan ecosystem’s cross-platform resources,” Lin added.
Stay up to date: