Last Updated on October 20, 2022
- Beverly Hills has plans to release NFTs, virtual apparel and accessories, and metaverse experiences.
- Snoop Dogg has plans for virtual apparel, virtual cannabis and smoking goods and an NFT marketplace.
- Both applications were filed on June 14.
On Jun 14, the city of Beverly Hills and Snoop Dogg both filed new Web3 trademarks with the United States and Patent Trademark Office, indicating plans for virtual goods and services in the metaverse, trademark attorney Mike Kondoudis revealed in a series of tweets.
Beverly Hills filed seven new trademark applications for international Classes 9 and 41, covering the following:
- Clothing, headwear, bags, backpacks, art, toys and accessories for use online and in online virtual worlds
- Downloadable software for the creation of computer-generated imagery, graphics and content for use in-game and non-game worlds, online universes, and metaverse environments
- NFTs featuring images, graphics, text, and audio-visual media content
- Virtual and digital interactive representations of the City of Beverly Hills or Rodeo Drive for use in virtual experiences, augmented reality experiences, and the metaverse
- Downloadable computer software for allowing users inside in the metaverse, augmented reality, and virtual worlds, and video games to communicate with each other, play games, take photographs, teach and learn basketball, engage in other virtual experiences and augmented reality experiences and utilize virtual goods and items
- Virtual concerts and downloadable virtual clothing
Snoop Dogg, real name Calvin Broadus, filed two new trademark applications for Uncle Snoop and Uncle Snoop’s, indicating plans to launch virtual and physical products, food and apparel linked to cannabis under the two brand names.
The filings cover virtual cannabis goods for use in online virtual environments; online retail store services featuring downloadable, virtual cannabis and smoking paraphernalia, and virtual clothing and apparel, all for use in online virtual environments; online retail store and marketplace services for virtual goods, digital collectibles, and NFTs featuring or linking to digital or physical goods; providing consumer information in the field of cannabis.
Alongside digital goods and services, Snoop has also filed trademarks for physical products including clothing, apparel and footwear, cheaps, cake mixes and iced coffee, as well as non-alcoholic beverages and pre-rolled hemp cigarettes and dried hemp for use as a tobacco substitute.
This signals plans for Snoop to branch out and launch his own cannabis and food brands both physically and in Web3. Known for his weed consumption, Snoop has previously partnered with the P2E mafia metaverse game, MOBLAND, to farm digital weed in the metaverse.
The rapper is also an avid NFT enthusiast who has launched multiple NFT collections and is opening a Bored Ape-themed dessert restaurant named Dr. Bombay’s Sweet Exploration which will make an appearance at Ape Fest during NFT NYC.
Stay up to date: